Monday, August 22, 2011

Fall Trend Spotting

Despite the fact that it still feels like a sauna outside, Fall is on it's way! As much as I love summer, Autum is my favorite season (unless Christmas counts as a season, hehe). I love playing with layers : cardigans, scarves, tights, the possibilites are endless! I also love the fun color pallettes that come with Fall makeup looks. I've been scouring fashion magazines to see what fun upcoming trends I can spot. Here are a few that I love:

1) Red!! Red lipstick, red nail polish, red dresses, red heels...you name it, it's going to be big this fall.  I've seen a major turn towards retro classic looks recently in fashion and beauty. Loads of pearls, curls and red lipstick. I love this look, it just shouts Marilyn Monroe to me and I think it's a glam that anyone can pull off. Stay posted, I may just have to do a red lipstick look soon!

2) Colorful Smokey Eyes. The obsession with smokey eyes continues but makeup artists are starting to play around with different palettes. If the black on black look is too bold for you, take heart! Greens, purples and browns can also be used to make a smouldering smokey eye that's a little more playful than it's predcessor.

3) Essie "Carry On" Fall collection.  Okay, I'm not sure this actually counts as a trend, but I seriously heart Essie's new nail polish colours for this fall. Inspired by handbags, there are some lovely neutral's that will play nice with any outfit. My favorite, "Power Clutch"
I'm a big fan of grey's and this one is perfect. It goes great with anything, but I really love it paired with jewel tones...especially reds!

So there you go, a few fun Fall looks to get excited about. What about you? What Fall looks do you love so far? Anything you can't wait to try for yourself?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment