Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh No! Zombies!!

One of my makeup related hobbies is playing around with costume makeup ideas. I have fun doing crazy makeup for myself and my friend's Halloween costumes as well as messing around with Lady Gagaesque looks on myself. 
A few days ago I had the brilliant idea to try my hand at zombie makeup. Only one problem...I needed a model. I get tired of doing all my looks on myself and it's way more fun to transform someone else once in while. So I used my wifely influence to convince my husband (read:pleaded with my best puppy dog eyes) to let me try it out on him. With much cringing on his part we go started. Here is the result:
I just used the makeup I had on hand. I don't have any actual costume makeup. I used a green concealer (usually used to camouflage redness) liberally all over, being careful not to make it too even. I then used matte white and brown eye shadow to give his skin a mottled look. To make the bruising under his eyes and around his "head wound" I mixed purple and burgundy eye shadows. His head wound and bloody mouth are just red lipstick and red lip gloss. 
It's not exactly Hollywood ready, but I had fun experimenting with outside of the box uses for  my everyday makeup.    ......And I think the hubby had fun modeling his postmortem look. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment